In compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), here is my privacy notice. This sets out how I store and process any data you share with me, including the third-party websites which store this data.
The information you are required to provide is either an email address on the contact page or by clicking the Follow button which shares your WordPress profile with me. These are managed by third parties, and the information is held by them. That is all it is used for. I don’t store it myself or process it beyond occasionally consulting my stats, which are behind a login process on WordPress.
If you follow this blog, your email address will be stored by the website. I do not use it or access it. It simply forms part of the statistics on the website itself.
- I do not use any plug-ins on this site.
- If you comment on my posts, the data is held by this WordPress.com website and is visible to visitors. If someone shares the page or blog post via social media, your comments will be shared with it, at the bottom of the page.
- If you use the contact form to get in touch with me, the data you share, including your email address, will be shared with my email provider, BT. BT’s privacy statement is here: https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/privacy-policy/
- If you follow my blog on WordPress, your WordPress profile name or your email address (depending on how you choose to follow the blog) is stored by WordPress in the Followers/Email Followers section of my admin. I do not export any of this information, or share it, or use it for any purpose. Any other data which WordPress collects about you is held by WordPress and only available to me in an anonymised form, for example as visitor stats.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
- to have copy of your personal data which we hold on you.
- to correct your personal data which we hold on you.
- request your personal data is erased at any time.